The Career Design Lab supports current students and alumni with individualized career coaching including career assessment, resume & cover letter writing, agile internship job search strategy, personal branding, interview skills, career transitions, salary negotiations, and many more. Wherever you are in your career journey, the Career Design Lab team is here to support you in all phases of career development.
Our mission is to facilitate collaboration among students, alumni, employers, and faculty through holistic and innovative coaching and programming. We empower students to design and navigate agile, purpose-driven, and meaningful careers in a global and evolving workplace.
- We believe in empowering students to build lifelong career skills, to hold themselves accountable, and to take ownership over their careers.
- We are passionate about our work and believe in self-empowerment.
- We meet students where they are and provide individualized and customized coaching.
- We are flexible, agile, and resilient.
- We provide creative career design space both virtually and physically.
- We are not satisfied with status quo but strive for innovation.
- We build authentic and effective relationships.
- We practice reframing our perspectives with a growth mindset.
- We value efficiency and make data-informed decisions.
Coaching appointments take place virtually between 9am – 5pm for Fall 2021.
What We Offer
Individual In-Person/ Virtual Career Coaching
The Career Design Lab offers career coaching appointments to current students and alumni.
Current Master’s Degree Program Students
One-on-one appointments are available by appointment through the CDL coaches’ appointment calendars. Coaches are assigned to specific degree programs and will provide one-on-one sessions where you will explore areas listed in the table below. Current students can also meet with a career coach in a 15-minute drop-in session for quick questions and reviews.
Current Certificate and Non-Degree Students
Current certificate and non-degree students can meet with a career coach in 15-minute drop-in sessions for quick questions three times per semester.
For information on our complete alumni services, please visit the SPS Alumni Services page.