Faculty & Staff: Engage with Our Office
Support us in providing the best service to our students and alumni. The Career Design Lab (CDL) actively engages with SPS faculty and administrators to provide students and alumni with meaningful and impactful experiential education, professional development, and recruitment & networking opportunities.
Faculty/Staff Open Houses
CDL offers Open Houses for faculty and staff once a semester to share the latest news of upcoming events and resources available to the SPS community. To find those dates and register, please download the SPS Faculty & Administrators Tools, which is updated at the beginning of every fall semester.
Help Students/Alumni Claim Their SPS Talent Accounts
SPS Talent is the place where students and alumni can search for jobs, register for recruiting events, schedule career coaching sessions, and share their career outcomes. Help promote this valuable career platform by sharing this step-by-step guide on “How to Claim Your SPS Talent Account” to your students.
Great Events for Students/Alumni
CDL hosts an average of 100 events in an academic year. Please share the CDL Calendar of Events with your students and alumni. We also love to cross collaborate so please reach out!
Specialized Programs for Students/Alumni
CDL creates opportunities for a wide range of professions. Depending on their working experience level, refer the following programs to your students and alumni:
- E-Mentor Program – most beneficial to young/mid-level professionals currently enrolled
- Greater Good Challenge – open to all levels of students and alumni interested in pitching business ideas to improve the social, economic, political, technological and environmental conditions of mankind, societies and the planet.
What Other Services Does CDL Offer?
CDL offers a full range of services including online tools for students and alumni. Encourage them to take advantage of all available resources below.
- Career Coaching: Students and recent alumni (1 year out) can schedule virtual career coaching sessions with their designated Career Coaches. Alumni 2 years or more out can take advantage of small career group coaching sessions by registering via SPS Talent. For specific services offered to alumni, please see here.
- Drop-Ins: No appointments necessary for students to meet with Career Coaches for 15-minute sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays 2-3pm.
- Exclusive Career Resources: CDL offers a wide range of free online career tools for resume review, industry guide, interview practice, and career assessment.
- Career Journeys on Canvas: There are unique career journey courses that students with varying degrees of work experiences can take on Canvas. These courses cater to new and mid-level professionals all the way up to executive. The courses offer the flexibility and accessibility that many of our students need to best prepare and advance careers, all at their own pace.
- Career Resources for Student Groups: You can refer to tailored resources for different student populations including International Students, Veterans, People with disabilities, and LGBTQ+.
CDL is active on the following social media platforms. Please comment, like, and share our feeds with others! See below to access our accounts.