Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Manager, Learning & Development, you’ll play an integral part as a leader on the People team influencing and driving outcomes that will impact Zocdoc as a whole.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Adaptable and flexible to evolving priorities and changing situations
- Can work high and low, fluidly transitioning from being a part of strategy one moment to diving deep in details and working tactically in the next
- A self-starter as well as an effective communicator with the ability to collaborate and influence at all levels in the organization
- Service oriented, with a high degree of customer responsiveness
- An inclusive leader that contributes to creating a sense of belonging
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it – the way this decade is going, you kind of need a sense of humor
In your day to day you…
- Take a leading role in defining our learning and development approach and building the matching employee offer.
- Plan, prioritize, and manage the inventory of internal and external training courses:
- Working alongside subject-matter experts to identify development needs
- Leading the creation of trainings and learning content based on business objectives and audience needs
- Defining and tracking metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and maintain an impactful learning inventory
- Develop and maintain training courses, learning activities, certificate programs, and other learning resources, often in collaboration with internal and/or external partners
- Coordinate and support internal and external partners in delivering training events and programs, both off-the-shelf and developed in-house
- On occasion, facilitate professional development workshops, team building workshops, and other development workshops to guide employees with building competencies and management skills
- Set up and manage a Mentoring Program including the application process, facilitating discussion sessions, and ensuring milestones are defined and met
- Design and implement a Leadership Development Program in coordination with the HR Business Partners and company leadership
- Oversee the company’s training budget, in collaboration with HR leadership
- Manage learning tools as well as the logistics for workshops and events
- Serve as point-person on maximizing the use of learning offers and available platforms
- Create an impactful communications strategy and materials to promote the L&D offer and events for each annual cycle of new and existing programs
- Collaborate with training manager in our Pune, India location to ensure content and best practices are effectively leveraged
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A passion for developing talent in an environment that competes relentlessly on talent
- A continual desire to build more equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces. You view this role as an opportunity to create positive change
- 6+ years of learning & development experience, with at least 2 years in a manager capacity, preferably with some time spent in a fast paced high growth start-up or tech based organization
- Knowledge about and ability to apply current learning research and theory to the practice of instructional design and delivery
- Interest in working alongside leaders and subject-matter experts to define training content and a track record of building creative and scalable programs responsive to the company’s evolving strategies
- Experience setting up and managing learning operations and developing a scalable platform for L&D administration
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, leadership, and project management skills
- Strong understanding of general business operations and processes that enables you to interact with internal and external partners, including all levels of management
- High level of professional credibility and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Psychology, or business discipline preferred
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit option
- Parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location and a hybrid workplace (2-3 days in-office once we return)
- In-office perks such as daily lunch
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values – Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.