This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Bruno, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience with partner/account management, partner-facing experience in TV/media or Internet, partner operations management, or partner technology management.
- Experience with spreadsheet analysis, public presentations, and data management.
- Project and/or program management experience with cross-functional partners.
- Business development experience with complex organizations and their strategic planning.
- Interest and experience in climate and sustainability.
- Familiarity with social media, content platforms, and ecosystems.
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and externally.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
About the job
As a Strategic Partner Manager on the Content Partnerships team at YouTube, you’ll have a unique opportunity to create long-lasting relationships with your portfolio of partners, and to apply and hone business skills in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re comfortable working on complex content agreements with partners, as well as working cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple disciplines, to ensure our partners are positioned for success on YouTube and to provide the best possible experience for our users.
The mission of the YouTube Social Impact team is to educate and activate audiences on the causes they care about. We work with YouTube content creators and partners in social impact space to help them build and grow their audiences on the platform.
The Social Impact team is focused on growing high-quality cause-driven content on YouTube. In this role, you will focus on climate and sustainability partners with the primary intent to bring awareness, and to inspire users to take urgent action against climate change and its impacts. You will work closely with authoritative climate and sustainability organizations, activists, thought leaders, and creators cultivating sustainability culture on YouTube.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Manage day-to-day operations and partner relationships, fielding and prioritizing incoming requests, troubleshooting partner systems around reporting, rights management, analytics, and creating periodic reports (external and internal) on partner performance.
- Define, analyze, and communicate partner metrics and develop account plans in presentations for partners.
- Lead projects based on partner needs and insights, and communicate findings from initiatives to management and the broader organization while managing large/small projects concurrently.
- Support Core team and cross-functional projects, to structure and execute analysis required to develop insights and recommendations.