Full Job Description
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people’s lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The R&D Financial Analyst will report to the Manager of R&D Finance. The position will have responsibilities for R&D investment analysis, semi-annual product portfolio planning, tracking and analysis, new product financial analysis, as well as decision support for strategic R&D investments.
- Develop and maintain complex Excel-based models to support new product financial analysis, R&D expense allocation process, development cost analysis, valuation metrics, and TAM/SAM/SOM data
- Cross-team communications with R&D leadership teams, FP&A, Accounting, and Business Units to coordinate and share information on all aspects of R&D financials
- Build and maintain database tools for expense allocation and product profitability analysis
- Build and present clear and concise presentations on insights with strategic recommendations to company leadership
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree
- Aspiration for MBA/CFA/CPA a plus
- Minimum 0-3 years related experience
- Strong Excel skills required (pivot tables, lookup functions, shortcuts)
- Ability to learn business systems and applications (such as Tableau, Alteryx, SAP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superb analytical skills with a focus on solving complex business issues
- Self-driven; Initiative to solve problems and deal well with ambiguity
- Proven self-starter with ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- 3.0 GPA, 3.5 preferred (please list on resume)
- Knowledge of accounting and GAAP principles