Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Director, Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change for our Portland, OR office. The following locations will also be considered: San Diego or San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL, New York, NY; Boulder, CO; Boston, MA or other WSP USA office locations. Be involved in projects with our Climate Resiliency and Sustainability Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
The successful candidate will perform building energy modeling, engineering calculations, estimate energy usage, and lead client-facing teams in the design, implementation, and management of organizational sustainability and resilience programs with Fortune 500 clients. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
- Managing executive-level client relationships and directing complex client delivery teams of internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying opportunities and executing projects that deploy energy engineering expertise and analysis to strategically address sustainability challenges.
- Setting strategic priorities and developing implementation roadmaps for high-profile sustainability initiatives.
- Developing bespoke models to perform techno-economic analysis of building- and portfolio-level sustainability strategies.
- Perform building energy modeling, engineering calculations, estimate energy usage, and recommend energy management strategies including the development and implementation of energy efficiency measures, energy program roadmaps, and performance reporting.
- Developing presentations, reports and other deliverables for Fortune 500 executive leadership audiences.
- Aligning leading sustainability programs and change management strategies with client operations.
- Leading business development activities with existing and prospective clients.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability, Energy, Environmental Studies, Business, Public Policy, or related discipline.
- 7 to 10 years of related professional experience including experience with sustainability, management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or operations.
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel, energy analysis software, and data science.
- Clear and effective communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, flexibility, confidence, and integrity.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop business cases through the synthesis and communication of technical research related to environmental, economic, financial, and social impacts.
- Ability to operationalize strategy into actionable implementation plans and execute against those plans.
- Ability to operate amidst uncertainty and with flexibility, and extract underlying priorities.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects/project teams concurrently.
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Master’s Degree.
- Expertise in building energy systems.
- Experience with the execution of energy management strategies including the development and implementation of energy efficiency measures, energy program roadmaps, and performance reporting. #LI-MO1
Compensation and Benefits: WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary (Colorado): $76,400 – $155,900
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 7-10 years
- Travel Required: N/A – No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: PORTLAND – MULTNOMAH ST
- All locations: US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CO-Boulder, US-IL-Chicago, US-MA-Boston, US-NY-New York, US-OR-Portland
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.