At WSP, we are inspired by bringing together the right people to be a part of future-focused business objectives to support our vast client base. Across the world, the importance of ethical environmental systems and projects are the foundation of shaping the future of our environment. Through public consultancy, strategic planning practices and stakeholder engagement, we can provide clients a concrete and realistic understanding of a project’s impact.
As a world-wide leader of environmental and transportation consulting and planning services, we invite you to be a part of that vision. Our Environmental Planning group in San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, or San Jose, California is looking for an Senior Lead Environmental Planner to support and add to our wide and diverse range of environmental planning services that enables future-ready growth.
- Oversees development and execution of a broad range of environmental planning projects
- Lead a variety of planning studies related to environmental planning, for both NEPA and CEQA
- Leads technical direction for the development and execution of planning research and studies
- Demonstrated commitment to keeping up-to-date in knowledge of current trends and planning practices
- Reviews technical reports and documents for compliance with contract and regulatory requirements and quality of technical content
- Analyze complex project assignments, and review work of other staff
- Prepare, present and review technical information to internal and external working groups
- Lead technical direction for the development and execution of environmental planning research and studies
- Oversees the work of planners and technicians performing highly complex project development activities
- Leads client meetings; develops and presents alternative solutions and ideas
- Recognized as a subject matter expert
- Serve as project manager, deputy project manager, and task manager by leading tasks for statewide, regional, and local projects
- Ability to contribute and interact well with others as well as develop and manage high quality technical and professional deliverables on projects and proposals
- Determines scope, schedule and budget requirements and monitoring project progress
- Provides information and support to government officials, clients, users and public
- Manages client relationships with some input from senior staff
- Identifies and strategizes on business development activities to procure new opportunities for the organization
- Lead business development efforts including client meetings and presentations, and proposals
- Coordinate and inform with other disciplines and practices within WSP
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
Required Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 10 plus years of experience showing increasing proficiency with NEPA and CEQA analyses and leading environmental reviews
Preferred Qualifications or “Great to Haves” include:
- Post Graduate Education (Graduate Level courses, short courses, Masters, PhD)
- Essential licensure/ certification preferred (e.g. AICP)
- Active member of local professional organization
- Participation on conference program with panels, poster sessions, papers and presentations
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.