At WSP, we are inspired by bringing together the right people to be a part of future-focused business objectives to support our vast client base. Across the world, the importance of ethical environmental systems and projects are the foundation of shaping the future of our environment. Through public consultancy, strategic planning practices and stakeholder engagement, we can provide clients a concrete and realistic understanding of a project’s impact.
As a world-wide leader of environmental and transportation consulting and planning services, we invite you to be a part of that vision. Our Environmental group in San Francisco or Oakland, California is looking for an Environmental Planner to support and add to our wide and diverse range of environmental planning services that enables future-ready growth.
- Assists with the planning, development and implementation of environmental projects under some supervision
- Participate in the development of environmental studies and documents and author technical sections of NEPA and CEQA documents
- Conducts general environmental planning support, including data collection, research and documentation, and technical work under some supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to keeping up-to-date in knowledge of current trends and NEPA/CEQA practices
- Conducts field survey, data collection, research, survey conduction, technical memoranda, documentation and technical work under supervision
- Prepares reports and studies to support ananlyses presented in NEPA/CEQA documents
- Assists in creating, editing, and analyzing information within Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software to produce maps and spatial analysis for a variety of topic areas, including: demographics, travel patterns and others
- Coordinate with other disciplines and practices, including engineering, sustainability and water resources
- Attend client meetings, community outreach activities and stakeholder activities
- Collaborate on presentation material and ideas with other staff in preparation for public meetings or interactions
- Assist in providing guidance to junior staff or interns to assist with project flow
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
Required Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Studies, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Envrionmental Science, Biology, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of Experience working with CEQA and or NEPA
- Computer skills in GIS, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience developing planning and/or environmental studies and reports
Preferred Qualifications or “Great to Haves” include:
- Post Graduate Education (Graduate Level courses, short courses, Masters, PhD) in Environmental Studies, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Environmental Science, Biology or related field
- Growing industry knowledge through participating in local professional practice organization
- Exposure to Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch-Up
- Experience working with public agencies and/or the public
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.