Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Associate Consultant, Sustainability Energy and Climate Change for our San Francisco, CA office. The following locations will also be considered: Bethlehem, PA, Portland, OR, or Arlington, VA. Be involved in projects with our Climate Resiliency and Sustainability Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
The successful candidate will support a client–facing team in the design, implementation, and management of organizational sustainability and resilience programs with demonstrated capability in climate risk, resilience strategy, and disclosure in alignment with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of projects and the demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and climate resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
- Developing entity-wide, asset-level, and supply and value chain climate risk, resilience, and adaptive capacity assessments.
- Developing and maintaining data management systems and business intelligence tools.
- Designing sustainability or climate risk management performance targets and accompanying strategies and achievement plans.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to achieve energy, GHG, and resource reductions.
- Analyzing energy efficiency and renewable energy purchase options.
- Conducting climate- and water-related risk and opportunity assessments.
- Researching and leading sustainability programs and initiatives.
- Producing sustainability, ESG, and TCFD reports, disclosures, and other communications.
- Supporting business development activities with existing and prospective clients.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Environmental Studies, Sustainability, or a related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of related professional experience.
- Direct experience with climate science or sustainability issues and frameworks such as CDP, GRI, TCFD, and the GHG Protocol.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Strong writing skills and proficient use of programs including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platformsrior experience with GIS software and Trimble GPS units and ability to use technology for data collection.
- Capable self-leadership, attention to detail, multi-task, manage time efficiently, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience processing and analyzing climate model projection data using Python, R or other programming tools.
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel, ArcGIS, Access, and Power BI.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 1-3 years
- Travel Required: N/A – No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: SAN FRANCISCO – MARKET ST
- All locations: US-CA-San Francisco, US-OR-Portland, US-PA-Bethlehem, US-VA-Arlington
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.