Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Associate Consultant (Climate, Resilience and Sustainability) to support our company’s growing Climate, Resilience and Sustainability Business Line. This is a full-time position located in our Washington, DC office. The following locations will also be considered: Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; or other WSP USA offices. Be involved in resiliency projects and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
This technical position is for a team member that will support our climate risk assessment work (e.g., assess impact of extreme temperatures, sea level rise, exacerbated storm surge, and increased riverine flooding) on infrastructure systems, building portfolios and communities. This position will also conduct research and support the development of resilience strategies and plans to reduce climate risk. You will work with other experts from our Resilience Practice, including climate scientists, engineers, planners, economists, policy specialists, and risk modelers, and expand our organization to meet our growing portfolio of clients, for whom we identify their risk to climate-related hazards, including socio-economic impacts, and develop resilience strategies and plans to reduce these risks.
- Develop methods to support effective decisions and improve capital investments to reduce the effects of future climate-related hazards.
- Support the delivery of risk and resilience assessments associated with long-term climate change considerations for a range of clients.
- Participate on multiple projects, delivering on project commitments through effective coordination with internal colleagues, external resources and agencies, and consulting team partners.
- Contribute to a diverse team of experts working to advance the Resilience Practice through effective data-driven analysis and decision-making.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a discipline relevant to the assessment and management of climate/disaster risk and resilience.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience supporting the assessment of climate-related impacts to assets, infrastructure, and communities.
- Experience communicating orally and in writing highly technical analysis and results to non-technical audiences.
- Attention to detail; commitment and skills to identify and detect errors; commitment to thorough quality reviews and checks; and commitment to accuracy, correctness, and excellence.
- Ability to innovate on challenging topics to produce client-tailored products.
- Experience working both independently and on efforts requiring remote collaboration.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders (e.g., transportation, water, energy, municipal, real estate) to address resilience concerns.
- Experience working with a spectrum of datasets (e.g., environmental, socio-economic, and infrastructure) and using data visualization techniques.
Compensation and Benefits: WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary (Colorado): $52,900 – $95,100
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 1-3 years
- Travel Required: N/A – No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: WASHINGTON – 23RD STREET NW
- All locations: US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CO-Denver, US-FL-Miami, US-GA-Atlanta, US-IL-Chicago, US-MA-Boston, US-NC-Charlotte, US-NY-New York, US-TX-Austin, US-WA-Seattle
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.