$80,000 – $100,000 a year
Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Direct the accounting and financial activities of an organization by performing the following duties personally or through direct reports.
- Prepares timely financial statements and reports and analyses, which are required and necessary for the management and oversight of the business.
- Manages cash and cash flow to ensure financial support for operations, capital expenditures, benefit plans, and regulatory requirements are met. Develop and maintain banking relationships in support of the cash needs of the business.
- Recommends corporate accounting and financial strategies, goals, objectives, and policies for the company.
- Ensures the company complies with all Legal, Regulatory, and GAAP reporting requirements and submits all financial and administrative reports to the various regulatory agencies.
- Leads and directs the accounting & finance team in its essential functions. Developing the team by evolving the company culture and ensuring the business grows and prospers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes, or recommends to Leadership Team – accounting and financial strategies, goals, objectives, and policies for the company.
- Prepares financial reports on a regular frequency which detail the company’s business activities including profit and loss and cash flow reports and makes comparisons between past and present results and future projections.
- Directs the preparation, review, and approval of the annual operating budgets for internal use and coordinates the preparation of the necessary supporting documentation.
- Engaging in visualization tool provides the management with timely reviews of the organization’s financial condition and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Managing compensation system and benefit programs to ensure employees and contractors are all paid accurately and timely.
- Manages various insurance programs and ensures coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Work with tax accountants on tax returns, K1 filings, and partners’ guaranteed returns, as well as the depreciation schedules of capital assets.
- Advises management of tax code issues that could affect the business.
- Arranges for audits/reviews of the company’s accounts.
- Prepares financial reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
Supervises the Accounting Department staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential functions.
Education / Experience
BA or BS in accounting or business administration required (MBA preferred) with minimum 5 years of experience of ever-increasing responsibilities in accounting and finance in both general and cost accounting functions. Experience in the healthcare industry is desirable but not required. CPA certification is preferred but not required.
Ability to read and analyze financial journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, Microsoft Office with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and experience in the use of basic accounting programs including its financial reporting components such as AP, AR, Payroll, and General Ledger along with its financial report writer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Remotely: No.