The Business Intelligence Analyst for our highly innovative Legal & Regulatory Division will extract data and generate insights that will ultimately drive incremental revenue and improved profitability. This person will analyze data across multiple platforms crossing over customer, marketing, sales and product data. In addition, the Business Intelligence Analyst will develop standardized and ad hoc reporting detailing aggregated marketing and sales performance relating to new and renewal business. This function provides the underpinning for the intelligence required to drive strategic insights, trends and perspectives.
· Analyze the business data needs and translate those needs into user-friendly reports & dashboards
· Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Interpret data and analyze results using advanced analytics and statistical techniques (when needed) and translate them into actions
· Extract, clean, manipulate and transform data
· Propose deliverables that simplify/automate specific analytical tasks and processes
· Provide deep understandings on customer behavior and other segmenting opportunities than can help drive optimal decision-making within the business
· Monitor trends and key metrics and provide proactive insight to the marketing analytics team identifying areas for operational and marketing improvement
· Develop strong knowledge of a variety of different marketing/database platforms
· Work with cross functional partners (Marketing, Sales, Product, and Finance) teams to develop analysis and reporting focused on key performance indicators
· Visualize and present all information to internal stakeholders and to our management teams
· Maintain and automate analytical tools and reports delivering to the cadence set by manager
· Manage projects against deliverables & timelines
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education: Undergraduate degree with a concentration in quantitative methods and exposure to business administration or equivalent experience required; Master’s Degree preferred.
· 1-2+ years of professional business/data analysis experience.
· Strong analytical background with a proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to compile data in comprehensive reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
· Strong experience with data manipulation and blending across different data sources (ideally with experience with data from GA/Omniture/DFP/Eloqua and SQL databases)
· Strong data manipulation stills with either Python or SQL
· Experience and/or exposure to Google Analytics, Salesforce or other systems that provide customer behavior data
· Experience with data visualization software (such as Tableau)
· The ideal candidate will also have had some experience of using a statistical package such as R, python or SAS
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
· Team-oriented, strong communicator, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, experience or strong interest in working using agile methodologies
· Ability to translate business questions into problems solvable using analytics tools, and enjoy converting the results of analyses into visual narratives tailored to the needs of the audience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience working on and communicating with fast-paced, dynamic teams.
· Comfortable working under pressure to deadlines while keeping a cool head and still working collaboratively
· Strong working proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Detail-oriented and strong project management skills
Limited travel: Up to 10% domestic
This can be a Remote/Home Office position