Job ID 5600030
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Public Affairs builds trust, brand reputation, and positive business results for Wells Fargo. We enhance the company’s societal impact and sustainability, execute strategic communications and brand management, and advocate for Wells Fargo’s business priorities.
Social Impact & Sustainability leads the development of strategic initiatives and corporate commitments to drive positive, innovative social impact and sustainability, manage critical environmental and social issues, and enhance Wells Fargo’s reputation as a leader in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance. This team is responsible for the Wells Fargo Foundation, community relations, impact investing, and integrating sustainability, human rights, social justice, and equity considerations throughout the company.
Operations, Finance & Insights Team
The Operations, Finance & Insights Center of Excellence (OFI COE) is a newly formed team within the Social Impact and Sustainability function, created to centralize and enhance our operations to deliver greater efficiency in our grants management process,; enhance our reporting tools for robust impact and outcome measures; and create a culture that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion while allowing for employee development and recognition opportunities.
- Data Analysis & Metrics – You own and manage the data and reporting processes for Social Impact & Sustainability, ESG Disclosures, and the Wells Fargo Foundation. You build a strategy and lead a team to support those 3 areas in establishing metrics and sharing outcomes through robust impact reporting and dashboards. You will lead the ESG and Social Impact & Sustainability Data Collection and Management framework to create consistent messaging, robust reporting and increased transparency. This will include close collaboration with the ESG reporting and disclosures team.
- Systems & Platforms – You manage the Social Impact & Sustainability Network Administration along with the Foundation grant platform and tools. Your team will develop the self-service model for Social Impact & Sustainability online templates and tools in addition to building awareness and access for Wells Fargo employees on Teamworks and the community on wellsfargo.com.
- People Management & Leadership – You help employees grow. This work will be focused on building a collaborative and high performing virtual team that thrives in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. You collaborate with members of cross-functional teams and advocate for consistent, innovative analytical and DEI practices.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Selected candidate will be required to work within one of the following Wells Fargo locations: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; St. Louis, MO; and Dallas, TX. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Other HUB locations may be considered for this job. This role is leveled as an Analytic Manager 5.
- 8+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
- 6+ years of management experience; or 6+ years of leadership experience in an advanced quantitative analytics function
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience managing a data analytics team for a large non-profit, financial institution, or sustainability organization
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data from multiple data sources and using data visualization to create meaningful insights for business
- Experience with ESG disclosures and frameworks (GRI, TCFD, SASB, etc.)
- Experience with grant systems, employee volunteerism, charitable giving platforms (Cybergrants, E4E, YourCause)
- Experience in SQL, R, or Python (Deep Understanding & Expertise of different databases, data wrangling and manipulation using SQL)
- Utilization of BI Tools such as Oracle BI and Business Objects, and Tableau. (Experience with Tableau Desktop)
- Experience building communications with Sharepoint, Internal and External websites
- Experience with developing systems taxonomy
- Excellent problem solving and analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause improvement opportunities, as well as designing approaches/programs to address those issues.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships and empathy with senior business leaders to influence, partner, and negotiate to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.