Title: Employee Relations Specialist
Org Unit: Employee Relations
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Responsible for providing support and guidance to non-academic staff related to workplace issues, policies and relationships. Reporting to the Employee Relations Manager, this role serves as a resource to help employees navigate obstacles to a successful and productive work experience.
- Acts as a member of the HR Services-Employee Relations team, collaborating with HR Business Partners and maintaining open lines of communication with other HR functional areas.
- Primarily responsible for managing WCM’s reasonable accommodation process under the ADA/other related laws. Works with Leave Administration to proactively manage extended leave and return to work accommodation requests, providing guidance to all involved.
- Counsels individual staff members on workplace issues, WCM policies and applicable employment laws.
- Helps employees through interpersonal conflict, and guides them through the process of reaching successful resolution.
- Intakes and reviews all employee relations issues and inquiries; handles or escalates as appropriate.
- Manages the HRAcuity database by assisting users with its functionality and providing reports, as requested. Maintains thorough and organized documentation of all employee relations matters.
- Takes part in tracking and monitoring various vaccine-related compliance initiatives.
- May assist with compliance projects and initiatives related to WCM employees working outside of NY State.
- Manages WCM’s Wellness Rooms, which includes processing requests for access and ensuring that space is up to requirement standards at all times for employees.
- Assists with managing the exit interview process, primarily conducting exit interviews, but also may be called upon to assist with providing data and reports from exit surveys.
- May be called upon to facilitate New Employee Orientation and other trainings as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Approximately three years of experience working in a Human Resources environment, and practical experience with conflict resolution, policy interpretation, complaint investigation and other employee relations-related activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that’s committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side’s scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine’s powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients – the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.