Weber Shandwick Southwest is looking for an Assistant Account Executive, Media Relations to join our passionate, fun, and driven team focused on supporting a consumer tech security company in terms of media relations for new product launches, events, speaking opps/awards, and issues management.
You will be someone who has a strong interest in media relations – bonus if you have particular experience pitching consumer tech (with a focus on security), lifestyle/consumer, or vertical security press. Ideally you’ll have previous agency experience, love the thrill of the pitch, can help manage projects, likes monitoring and reporting, and is interested in building more familiarity with current events in the media and issues management/crisis comms.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide day-to-day support to the team and client
- Source earned media results on behalf of the client – this includes identifying appropriate contacts, writing pitches, drafting media lists, making follow up calls, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience
- Stay current on new and existing media coverage
- Assist with ongoing reporting, research and monitoring projects for the client
- Monitor media outlets to understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Support creative ideation on a consistent basis and provide thoughtful recommendations
- Support the wider team on client asks, which could include support for corporate
What You Will Bring:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Media relations skills – evaluating and identifying potential media, building media lists, developing pitches, pitching, monitoring and reporting
- Strong research skills stemming from a media focused curiosity
- Ability to build trust and rapport with the client and team across all levels
- Demonstrate a proactive and forward thinking mindset
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects in a day
- Intuitive thinker who asks probing questions and anticipates and addresses needs
- Sound business and professional ethics
What We Offer:
- Fun, creative culture
- Opportunity to work with a highly integrated global team
- Flexible work schedule (Currently remote but will be moving to a hybrid model whenever we do return)
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare insurance & 401K, etc.
- Employee discounts and rewards
- and so much more!
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.