Full Job Description
This position is responsible for financial and operational analysis support for the clinical operations area at Wayne Health. It will provide ongoing financial analysis and review of existing department operations and services to assist the Department Leadership team in delivering performance improvement related to quality, service, and operational efficiencies. Financial analysis encompasses all periodic operational forecasting, reporting and scenario modeling and analysis of all current department operations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with department leadership and the Wayne Health finance team to ensure the operational and financial performance of the department is consistent with institutional practices and budget expectations.
- Track and identify financial trends.
- Develop proformas and business plans for new services including data collection, interpretation and analysis, and develop action plans as needed.
- Standardize management reports and benchmark various key indicators.
- Compiles, analyzes and ensures the accuracy of the department statistical reports for presentation to leadership.
- Conducts special operational and financial studies and projections and develops recommendations for decision making.
- Calculates physician incentive compensation in accordance with the department’s compensation plan.
- Complete monthly physician payroll.
- Performs assignments that require analysis, projections and recommendations.
- Prepares aggregated statistical and financial data on physician practices and compare practices to each other and to industry standards.
Education, Licensure/Certification, and Training Required for the Job:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, business, healthcare operations or management engineering and
- 4+ years’ experience in operational data analysis or other related area required
- Advanced Excel skills, strong ability to work with detailed operational and financial data. Strong oral and written communication skills are essential as is the ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- MBA, healthcare experience and/or experience in academic organizations, process improvement experience and IT skills preferred
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to cultivate and maintain a relationship of trust and mutual respect with team members and external partners
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to research and analyze data from a variety of sources
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines
- Very high level of detail-orientation
- Desire to independently complete projects and check own work
- Resourcefulness- able to absorb and understand new information quickly and leverage available resources
- High personal standards, comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Compliance with Department Health and Safety policies and procedures
- 40 hour work week, hours and days to be determined by the business needs of the department. Additional hours may be required
Wayne Health is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer