Full Job Description
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis leads the budgeting, forecasting, long-term financial planning, and other strategic financial analysis for the college.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plays a lead role in the planning, development, and administration of the college’s annual budget, including frequent interaction with cross-functional stakeholders
- Advises and offers recommendations to Finance leadership related to formulating and administering the budget; strives for a transparent budget that supports the college’s goals via strategic allocation of resources
- Works to develop and issue budget reports and financial forecasts to guide and support effective fiscal stewardship by college leadership.
- Monitors the budget throughout the fiscal year, including variance analysis and insightful analytics to drive financial decisions and transparency; addresses significant trends and/or potential problems with cost center managers and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Drives the financial planning process at the department level, inclusive of kickoff meetings, deadlines, assumptions, data format/loads, as it applies to budgets, forecasts, and long-term plans
- Develops and maintains key financial dashboards
- Delivers budget-related training for campus personnel to enhance understanding and fiscal management.
- Assists the Executive Director to determine and monitor daily cash position, cash flow projections and accurate funding for accounts payable and payroll
- Develop and process reports and statistical information for cash management needs/requirements
- Regular attendance on campus is required for this position
- Other duties as assigned
- Research and advise on finance-related matters as they occur
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related area
- At least five (5) years of FP&A, budget, or similar work experience, preferably in higher education
- Advanced Excel skills
- Skilled in managing large amounts of data, analytics, dashboarding, and presenting concise financial information
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be cooperative, tactful, accurate, dependable and able to work under tight time constraints when necessary
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA or an advanced degree in finance preferred.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete the online application completing all fields and attach required documents.
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Washtenaw Community College Employees Salary is determined by BOT Policy 5005***
An Administrative Group employee whose job has been reclassified or who is promoted to a new position shall have his/her salary set at the new salary range minimum or at 10% above current salary, whichever is greater. Starting rate/salary is determined based on education and work history listed on application.