Full Job Description
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
At WarnerMedia, sustainability is essential to our business and embedded in our culture through four key focus areas: green production, environmental storytelling, sustainable workplaces and community.
WarnerMedia’s Sustainability team 1) provides thought leadership and pursues innovation for environmental sustainability 2) collaborates with internal stakeholders and external partners to pilot and scale impactful business practices 3) aggregates and analyzes enterprise-wide data to report results and inform data-driven business decisions.
The Associate Manager will play a key role by providing project management support for WarnerMedia’s sustainability efforts, primarily, supporting the green production program across an extensive and diversified portfolio of physical productions while targeting priority areas of fuel, electricity, waste, materials and community impact. Additionally, this position will manage interrelated projects and maintain strategic partnerships that effectively and measurably contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions and environmental impacts across our operations.
- Provide strategic and systemic support for sustainable production program
- Maintain green production guidelines and supplemental resources to standardize best practices
- Manage systems to distribute timely information, onboarding crews during pre-production and providing additional training and subject matter expertise
- Collaborate with production teams and internal departments (e.g. Physical Production, Finance, Operations, etc.) to continually evaluate practices and identify opportunities for improvement
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data provided by productions and follow up to close data gaps, trouble-shoot or further document innovative best practices
- Monitor overall program performance through ongoing and disciplined data collection, analysis and reporting to measure program results, communicate progress and inform potential operational adjustments and future business decisions
- Identify and engage suppliers of emerging cleantech solutions and partner with productions to pilot for viability and scalability
- Survey WarnerMedia content, track instances of environmental storytelling and look for opportunities to amplify messaging with audiences and fans by leveraging strategic partnerships and cultural moments
- Foster sustainable workplaces by supporting interconnected projects and programs leading to healthier environments for employees and guests and drive awareness campaigns leading to sustained behavioral change and positive cultural shifts
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local, national, and international nonprofit partners to inspire and support conservation for the benefit of people and planet
- Manage the company’s Encore material donations program to donate lightly used materials and surplus food from our facilities and productions to local communities where we operate
- Prepare and publish various sustainability reports, including annual report on greenhouse gas emissions and other sustainability metrics or ESG requirements
- Manage sustainability program budgets, invoices and payments
- 3-5 years professional experience
- CSR and/or sustainability experience, including corporate level reporting and greenhouse gas accounting
- Entertainment industry or production experience preferred
- BA/BS preferred
- MBA preferred
- Strong mathematics and data analysis skills
- Strong data visualization and reporting skills (Tableau)
- PC Skills: MS Word, Excel and Power Point required; Photo Shop preferred
- Graphic skills with Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop) a plus
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.