Full Job Description
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WM Enterprise Data Services (EDS) is seeking an experienced Product Manager to drive the development and delivery of business ready data sets (BRDs) required to fuel critical business capabilities (reporting, marketing, advertising, personalization, etc.) across the WM family of brands. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to translate complicated business requirements into actionable deliverables and timelines and possess significant big data, analytics and media industry domain knowledge.
- Lead strategic planning discussions with brands to outline BRD requirements around 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sets resulting in a detailed and prioritized roadmap of desired data types, structures and corresponding business capabilities.
- Using Agile methodologies, create initiatives, epics and user stories and prioritize and deliver on backlogs across the BRD portfolio.
- Collaborate with the EDS data engineering team to estimate effort, design and deliver BRD transformation solutions.
- Lead the effort to standardize BRD ingest, transformation and distribution schemas across a variety of data libraries (subscription, viewership, content, impressions, etc.)
- Manage a team of staff and consultant product owners responsible for individual BRDs
- Create and maintain business facing system architecture and workflow diagrams to support roadmap plans.
- Develop testing approaches for mission critical systems when new functionality is being released.
- Thoroughly understand the technology within the data and analytics space as it relates to the BRD portfolio.
- Communicate product status on a regular basis to technology and business management teams with a focus on risk mitigation, issue tracking, budget maintenance, and overall transparency.
- 7+ years of technology product and / or project management, software engineering leadership or business analysis experience in a technology department or company.
- Demonstrated success managing a team and delivering multiple projects simultaneously with complex stakeholder and execution teams.
- Experience with industry standard cloud-based tools for processing (Spark, EMR, Airflow), storing (Snowflake, S3, Redshift), securing (Protegrity, Cloudwatch), developing (Jenkins, Ansible) and visualizing (Looker, Tableau, R, Athena) large data sets.
- Experience using Agile methodology and tools (Jira, Rally, etc.) to deliver projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain and manage product backlogs and roadmaps.
- Experience translating business requirements into individual epics, features and user stories
- Experience working with offsite team members in all aspects of system delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
- Experience in media or broadcast company preferred.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.