Voices of Ascension Chorus & Orchestra seeks a 30 hour/week Communications & Customer Engagement Associate to join our growing administrative team.
The ideal candidate is articulate and versatile, eager to join an organization that is growing rapidly in scale and programming, and excited to enact many facets of non-profit arts administration to support organizational expansion. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Customer Engagement Associate must simultaneously sustain and expand organizational profile within the larger community, provide consistent communication with constituents via digital and print channels, and be responsible for the efficient and effective ticket sales and box office data and management for the organization. S/he must be available for all virtual or in-person concert performances and special events, and must handle customer phone calls.
- Serve as a staff liaison with the Communications and Marketing Committee
- With the Marketing Committee, develop year-long and project specific marketing and communications plans
- Implement strategies and maintain communications schedule
- Analyze audience engagement with – and response to – digital, print and social media communications
- Manage brand identity, style guide and external digital presence
- Prepare and send press releases and maintain press contact list
- Regularly update website and manage social media accounts and advertisements
- Create and send daily, weekly and monthly e-newsletters
- Maintain and segment current and accurate email and mailing lists in Ovation and Constant Contact
- Serve as the primary customer-facing member of the staff
Concert and Event Promotion:
- Coordinate with graphic designer, providing accurate project materials to produce brochures, postcards and banners
- Coordinate concert audio/video/photo recording with Artistic team
- Assist in production and presentation of online content
- Create and distribute brochures, postcards and banners
- Design and facilitate the printing of concert programs
- Write marketing copy for concerts and events in coordination with the Artistic team and the Marketing Committee
- Proofread public facing documents/copy
- Prepare sales reports and regular digital analytics reports
- Generate periodic audience surveys, analyze and prepare presentations
- Support for database and information management
- Support for special events
Audience Services and Box Office Management:
- Oversee all customer ticketing requests including season subscriptions and single concert tickets
- Develop mastery of venue seating charts and online box office systems
- Create all events and ticketing links in Ovation with the appropriately formatted images and marketing copy, link to Voices website
- Process customer phone and mail orders through online box office
- Manage special requests, ticket returns and VIP seating in collaboration with Advancement team
- Concert House Management:
- House set-up
- Train and manage concert volunteers / staff
- Prepare and manage on-site box office
- Additional duties as requested
The successful candidate will have:
2-3 years of communications and box office experience, preferably in a nonprofit arts organization
High level of organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently; detail oriented
Experience working with a ticketing and fundraising database management system, preferably Ovation / Audience View
Technical proficiency with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Ovation database, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, Squarespace, social media platforms and audio / video editing software
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to anticipate needs; ability to work in a professional manner in an open office environment and with the public
Collaborative attitude and willingness to help within the communications department and across the organization
Ability to handle fast-paced environment, complete tasks on time, and to be self-directed, especially in a hybrid / remote office environment
Knowledge of classical music a plus
Commensurate with experience.
Please send cover email and resume to email@example.com with the subject line
Communications and Customer Engagement Associate
We will contact you if your resume is a match with the requirements of the role.
Currently a hybrid office environment with staff members working in the office and remotely with some in-person office and concert / event hours required. This is a 3/4 time (30 hrs/wk) position with benefits including paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, retirement matching contribution and subsidized health insurance with the possibility to grow to a full-time role.
Grammy-nominated Voices of Ascension, a professional chorus and orchestra conducted by Dennis Keene, produces an annual choral concert series, Voices of The New concerts, family and outdoor concerts, senior center residencies, and special events. Over the course of its 30-year history, Voices of Ascension has engaged in artistic collaborations with the San Francisco Symphony, Mostly Mozart Festival, José Limón Dance, the Mark Morris Dance Group, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and others. Programming has grown and adapted in response to the 2020 pandemic.
Voices of Ascension is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Voices does not discriminate with respect to employment, programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status or political affiliation, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.