The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The world is changing fast! Customers and companies across all industries are embracing the Subscription Economy. As a Senior SaaS Business Standards Analyst, you will help drive thought leadership as VMware embraces that business model transformation. As part of a small but highly leveraged team of subject matter experts, you will engage with Product Management and Product Marketing across all Business Units, Quote-to-Cash Product Management and Functional teams, and the Monetization Strategy team in developing pan-VMware commercial best practices for our subscription businesses. Since no two challenges are the same, you’ll get to exercise a lot of different muscles. This a role for someone intellectually curious and analytically rigorous.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- In the first month, you’ll internalize the existing portfolio of Standards and the benchmarking and data supporting
- In two months, you’ll be driving specific research projects to support new Standards in the pipeline
- In three months, you’ll be drafting new Standards with guidance from the Senior Manager, SaaS Business Standards
- In six months, you’ll be driving the define/refine stage of user stories with Quote-to-Cash Product Management
- In twelve months, you’ll be driving cross-BU requirements intake for new Standards
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Define SaaS business standards for an efficient and engaging customer journey at each stage of the service life cycle including learn, try, buy, use, grow, and renew
- Collaborate with BU Product Management and Sales to ensure SaaS standards align with customers’ expectations
- Partner with cross-functional teams in Sales, Revenue, Finance, and Operations to develop implementation plans for new standards
- Conduct primary and secondary research on SaaS Business Models and Standards by partnering with internal and external organizations
- Support company-wide socialization of business standards
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
In this small team, the culture is informal and entrepreneurial. New ideas get a fair hearing, initiative is rewarded, coaching focuses on expanding strengths.
Where is this role located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible within the San Francisco Bay Area. Work will be done from our corporate office some days during a week and other days from a non-VMware building.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is available to MBA-level New Graduates only. ‘New Graduate’ applies to those possessing a degree level requirement with a graduation date between May 2021 and May 2022.