Product and Cloud Service Finance Sr. Financial Analyst
Why will you enjoy this new role?
Working with PCS Leadership, you will provide the analysis and insights to achieve VMW strategic priorities – win the Multi-Cloud Enterprise and operate as a consumption-obsessed SaaS Company product. If you are passionate about telling the story behind the data and excited about the opportunities to influence the business groups to achieve their strategic priorities, then this is the place.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Reporting, analyzing and recommending actions to accelerate topline growth or to optimize investments:
· Within 30 days of employment, have a solid understanding of VMW Finance reporting cadence, policies and standard operations
· You will work closely with your Finance peers and management to provide day to day financial support to your business partners
· Within 90 days in your role, you will be responsible for core reporting and financial deliverables and will be communicating your understanding of the data to senior leaders
· Within 180 days in your role, you will have the opportunity to provide critical insights into the business through rigorous data analysis and qualitative research with subject matter experts
· Within 360 days in your role, you will have gained experience and knowledge of not only the product and services that you support but also the confidence to expand your experience to the wider VMW portfolio and act as a buddy for new hires – you are an integral member of the finance and business leadership teams and will be able to provide financial information and analysis that is relevant, trusted, and insightful, which enables the executive leadership teams to make effective decisions that improve the Company’s performance.
What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your professional strengths, but you can expect the following:
· SaaS Bookings/Revenue planning, reporting and KPI creation
· SaaS COGS Capacity Planning
· Marketing programs, business trends and pricing analysis
· Acquisitions: financial due diligence and integration
· Business Unit pro forma statements
· Short & long-term planning processes
· Market opportunity assessment and financial modeling for R&D business cases
· Business Partnership with R&D, Marketing and Sales
· Capex, Deferred revenue and other analysis
· Collaborate with the Products FP&A team and other parts of VMware Finance to enhance the function’s contribution to the company – share best practices, identify gaps, drive change and help determine priorities
What is leadership like for this team?
The hiring manager for this role is within PCS Finance. Managers within PCS Finance role models the inclusive management culture that is core to PCS Finance leadership. PCS Finance encourages all team members to learn from others and teach others as to grow in their careers.
Where is this position located?
This role is based in Palo Alto with flexible office arrangement.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
• Generous Time Off Programs
• 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
• Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
• Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
• Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
This role is available to MBA-level New Graduates only. ‘New Graduate’ applies to those possessing a degree level requirement with a graduation date between May 2021 and May 2022.