Full Job Description
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Operations & Infrastructure Technical Product Management team is looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead the strategy, design, implementation and configuration of new products at Visa. From internal configuration management databases, to logging and monitoring tools, we build products that help the operability and reliability of Visa’s core applications, delivering best in class service to our clients globally.
- Gather and synthesize requirements and input from multiple stakeholders (internal product teams, engineers, user experience designers, sales, business operations, industry strategy, consulting, customer engagement, customer support, etc.).
- Collaborate with product teams on the definition and execution of product objectives supporting the creation of an actionable product roadmap, and the delivery of product strategy, factoring in ROI, market research and stakeholder inputs.
- Communicate prioritization to other stakeholders in the company and drive consensus on the path forward with the rest of the organization on the how and why for initiatives and features
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle, understanding or ability to learn Kubernetes, Containers, Logging & Monitoring domains. Technical competence with Application Performance Management, Network Performance Management, Infrastructure Monitoring, Log Analytics, Tracing, etc
- Deep technical knowledge and operational experience or product roadmap development leveraging one or more of the tools listed – Splunk, ElasticSearch, Sumologic, DataDog, AppDynamics, New Relic, LightStep, Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch or similar
- Experience in large technology product implementations leading roadmap design, feature discussions and deep engagement with engineers.
- Customer obsessed and have proven dedication to delivering frequent, high business value features
- Strong hands-on experience required with Jira, RoadMunk and other product management tools
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.