Full Job Description
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Mobile Enablement Platform (MEP) Product Management team is seeking an outstanding Principal Product Manager with the vision, passion and commitment to drive Visa’s global mobile enablement strategy.
The Visa Mobile Enablement Platform Product Management team is responsible for global product strategy and execution of numerous mobile-related initiatives and this role will meaningfully contribute to the commercialization and business development of multiple products: Visa Digital Commerce App, Visa Biometric Authenticator App, Visa In-App Provisioning SDK and more. Reporting into the Strategy, Commercialization and Business Development lead for the team, this is a global role and this person will be tasked with working closely with regional product partners in either North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and/or CEMEA along with other key internal stakeholders across teams and functions.
This person will identify strategic opportunities for Visa Mobile Enablement Platform capabilities through a strong understanding of the regional segment and customer’s business needs. This highly motivated individual will develop and execute customized regional product strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for MEP products.
Responsibilities may include:
Commercialization: Commercialize MEP products in partnership with regional product management teams. Translate product strategy and capabilities into actionable commercialization efforts and assets for all MEP products in regional markets. Assist in efforts to establish regional pricing strategies, localize contracts and other product documentation.
GTM Planning: Create go-to-market strategies and plans for target markets. Drive the execution of critical product launches and roadmap enhancements across regions and markets. Identify and develop go-to-market plans and partnership opportunities.
Marketing & Communications: Establish and drive marketing plans to grow sales pipeline per region. Influence the market by creating and publishing product blogs, white papers, webinars and other client or market facing materials.
Sales Training & Support: Perform sales training and participate in key client presentations to create new business opportunities and achieve revenue goals. Clearly articulate the value of the product and seek opportunities to connect client needs with product offerings.
Business Case Development: Partner with regional product teams to research and quantify market opportunities. Develop business cases and create related multi-year outlooks to justify resource allocation.
Product Socialization: Socialize products with regional product, legal, sales and Executive Review Committees to define client engagement process.
Feasibility Analysis: Contribute to the assessment of new product opportunities and enhancements, size market opportunities, determine client interest and perform feasibility analysis.
Partnerships: Build and grow strategic partnerships with internal and external partners and clients.
Product Construct & Value Proposition: Develop appropriate product constructs and articulable value propositions in partnership with regional product teams.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- Experience in mobile/digital banking, payments and/or financial services industry is a strong plus
- Comfort with high-level, strategic thinking, including willingness to be an active and outspoken participant in decision-making
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills are required. In particular, candidate will be expected to build proficiency in effectively communicating business and technical issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams around the world and across different time zones
- Experience with product development life cycle, including planning, development of product roadmap, defining and supporting goals and strategies, and ongoing management
- Demonstrated creative problem solving with ability to collaborate and build consensus across stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience with partner management to foster effective relationships that result in open communication from the partner is a strong plus
- Strong business acumen, negotiation and decision-making skills along with a global, customer-oriented mindset required
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 20% of the time
Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
No relocation will be provided for this position.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Colorado location ONLY at $109,800. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus and equity.