As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking an experienced Senior Consultant that will work with our internal teams to assess and manage key technology risks. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the oversight and execution of a process designed to capture risks, ensure the correct stakeholders evaluate the risk, and then present the risks to decision-makers. The candidate will be responsible for aligning the risk management activities with the overall enterprise risk framework. The role will collaborate with other risk management functions and programs, such as Cybersecurity and IT Disaster Recovery, to drive the efficient assessment of risk, and ensure appropriate and rapid escalation of those risks as necessary. The candidate must have a deep understanding of technology risks and controls, particularly data security and availability risks. In addition, the candidate will enhance ways of communicating risks to senior and executive leadership. The candidate will collaborate with other team members involved in the overall process and will help to ensure that risks are processed and evaluated timely.
- Perform technology risk assessments, identifying and remediating inefficiencies in the process as necessary
- Provide the first level of review of exceptions to ensure sufficient information is included in requests
- Identify opportunities to implement automation that will reduce manual risk assessment tasks
- Provide second line of defense oversight of Cybersecurity control programs and reporting
- Identify and communicate risks through the governance process; Attend and provide information on risk assessment at governance and leadership meetings
- Develop reporting to inform management and governance committees of risk
- Collaborate with other teams involved in the process (e.g. Cybersecurity, Operations & Infrastructure, Corporate IT, etc.)
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD+ years of relevant experience
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Prior experience with technology controls
- Experience in regulated industries
- Prior experience in payments
- Ability to work independently with minimum oversight. Self–starter and a team player; interested in joining and maintaining a collegial work environment
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity (e.g. access management, data security, etc.), availability (e.g. incident and change management, capacity management), and business continuity risks and controls
- Strong ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly
- Possess solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively, formally and informally, to senior management and governance committees
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and debate across functional lines and levels
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Number: REF003151W