Full Job Description
Manager – IT Procurement Job Description
VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face® , Timberland®, and Dickies® . Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. We’re committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
Manager – IT Services: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
This position will focus on the IT procurement and contract requirements on behalf of Digital and Technology organization (D&T) and VF’s Brands. This role exists to create and maintain value through internal stakeholder collaboration, supply base optimization and leverage, competitive sourcing, skilled negotiation, and effective controls and processes, thereby achieving maximum total value for VF. As such, responsibilities include managing/developing procurement professionals, supplier negotiations, analytics, collaborating and developing sourcing strategies, and working with D&T and non-D&T partners with product evaluations and/or product requirements. Responsibilities may include transactional activities such as RFP’s, analysis of quotes, purchase orders, and invoice resolution.
How You Will Make a Difference:
Manage and develop IT Procurement Services team as well as help to grow procurement skills within the organization. Plan, manage, and coordinate procurement activities in the IT Services category. Evaluate opportunities to ensure that the desired business results are achieved based on best total value (savings, quality, delivery, etc.) Collaborate with D&T and the VF’s Brands in multiple regions of the world to provide strategic direction to subject matter experts (SMEs), while aligning the Indirect Procurement activities within VF to recognized procurement best practices Compile, analyze, and present data. Serve as the team resource for all compiled coalition data. Present data in a manner from which accurate conclusions and appropriate decisions concerning the category strategy can be made. Construct process templates for tracking results, compliance and savings for each coalition (financial, compliance, market-based, RFx, savings model, other) Analyze, review, and finalize sourcing decisions based on RFx process outcomes, and negotiate regional/national/global agreements to ensure that the selection of suppliers meets all of VF’s requirements as determined by D&T/Brands SME’s. Manage and track VF corporate contracts with suppliers. Serve as liaison between VF Legal and Suppliers to speed the agreement process, protect the best interests of VF, and ensure successful and timely contract completion. Follow-up routinely to the accuracy, direction, and completion of project objectives with business owners to ensure process efficiency. Maintain open lines of communication with all concerned parties related to sourcing activities. Perform periodic Supplier Performance Reviews to communicate actual and perceived performance issues/concerns with Suppliers Continuously develop procurement skills and knowledge of supply base through research, due diligence, training, benchmarking, and other means. Perform other duties, as required
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years procurement experience or 10+ years related work experience (Prior IT strategic sourcing is a plus. Specifically, experience/knowledge in IT Services)
- Managing and developing direct reports and other team members.
- Prior project management background, IT background, and/or research are a plus
- IT (technical or operational) background is a plus
- Strong in data analytics, data mining
- Contract negotiations experience desirable (knowledge of legal terms/concepts is a plus)
- Experience in developing category/commodity strategies is a plus
- Comfortable in ambiguous, agile environments
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Self-motivated, directed and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all levels of management within organization.
- Exceptional team building, communication, conflict resolution and business leadership skills. Ability to facilitate collaboration among team members.
- Experience in IT system design, analysis, implementation, support and validation.
- Excellent networking and research skills.
- Experience managing supplier relationships, especially for IT service suppliers.
- Expertise and experience in managing contract change requests.
- Expertise and experience in drafting language for terms and conditions.
- Able to influence others with the use of data to see another point of view
- Self-starter – proactively pursues courses of action when opportunities present themselves without prompting from others
- Strong follow-through to ensure all elements on a project are in place and functioning properly during and after implementation
- Must be analytical and able to draw conclusions and make decisions with sometimes limited data
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to work with outside counsel, suppliers, and customers on complex contract issues
- Thorough understanding of business processes required to support the complexity of a global VF business.
- Experience working with or maintaining processes related to P2P systems, ERP systems, etc. is a plus
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 25% amount of time.