Job # 583265
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and “Best Telecom Brand” in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry – and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness – disruption, innovation, and culture – while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you’ll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Irvine CA, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
The Manager of Corporate Communications and Social Impact will be responsible for the development, design, and execution of owned media and activities for Visible, and will lead in adopting and implementing social impact strategies. This individual will also act as a strategic advisor to the company, including our executive leaders, about the challenges we face in our communities and what role Visible can play in helping to create impactful change by ensuring all are seen, heard, and empowered. This team player will help align our community partnerships with Visible’s core values, drive responsible business practices, and create new initiatives that help leverage Visible’s brand as one that is radically simple, fundamentally accessible, and audaciously inclusive.
- Work across the business to support implementation of social impact programs and partnerships, including those related to racial equity, mental wellness, and civic action.
- Be responsible for developing and leading social impact strategy with measurable goals to align with business, communications, and marketing initiatives.
- Analyze Visible’s performance and progress toward meeting social impact goals and success measures; recommend and drive improvements.
- Create content across Visible’s newsroom, social media and emerging communications channels.
- Establish long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with stakeholders from the private, public, and social justice sectors to support social innovation programs.
- Collaborate with PR, brand, people operations, and communications colleagues to amplify Visible’s brand in the social impact space and include our team in creating change.
- Stay abreast of industry/social impact CSR trends and innovative developments.
What we’re looking for…
You’re bold. You’re willing to take big risks, to reap even bigger rewards. You’re entrepreneurial. You love trying new things, and being challenged in new ways. You’re a team leader who can lead both strategic and tactical initiatives. You’re results driven. You are good at putting a laser focus on building an organization that not only meets, but exceeds, the needs of a rapidly scaling business and delivers measurable financial results. You are an exceptional leader, and have skills others are jealous of for decision-making, problem-solving and communications. You have a high comfort level with ambiguity and fluidity and can make decisions in a rapidly changing environment, while achieving quality results. You’re wildly creative and see what others cannot. You’re a passionate leader and team builder. You have a knack for identifying and developing talent, and an eye for future leaders.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience leading a team and working with C-level executives.
- Three or more years of experience in corporate social responsibility, social impact, nonprofit management, and program management.
- Two or more years of experience working with nonprofits to drive meaningful change.
- Experience utilizing digital and social media channels to reach a specific audience.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and investment in the success of the team.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to craft content in a variety of formats while conveying a consistent voice.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A strong sense of urgency, collaborative, proactive, and flexible; results oriented.
- Metrics driven, with hands-on experience using analytic and tracking tools for employee engagement.
- Proven track record of driving change in a large and complex business.
- Experience of shared value, corporate responsibility best practices, and stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with all departments.
- Effective storyteller; using data to articulate a vision, strategy, or idea.
- Detail-oriented highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by all audiences.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).