We are currently looking for a Risk Analyst on our Institutional Risk Management team which is part of Vanguard’s Global Risk and Security Division. This role will allow you to partner with Vanguard’s Institutional Investment Group (IIG) to identify and remediate Top Risks, provide consultative guidance on operational and strategic decisions, and ensure adherence to Vanguard’s enterprise risk methodology.
You will be seen as a valued partner and trusted resource to enable Vanguard’s business strategy; protect clients, crew and assets; and steward a risk-smart culture. The team is comprised of collaborative, hard-working, highly motivated, and technically-skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in an exciting and multifaceted environment. With a number of critical initiatives underway, you will have the opportunity to work with senior leadership to help them understand risk implications while proposing solutions to optimize business outcomes within the organization’s risk appetite.
In This Role You Will
- Conduct research and provide project management and analytics support for risk assessments.
- Facilitate risk assessment/consultative engagement work through business owners/SMEs gathering details and data analytics to collaborate with the Advisor on risk identification and mitigation strategies to inform the business owner. Provide research and data trending/analytics to inform IIG Risk portfolio of work and data analysis to support valued outcomes for risk engagement activity.
- Communicate assessment progress and concerns to the leadership team. Document process workflows, highlights risks, controls, and potential gaps.
- Prepare and present risk assessment reports on findings, trends, and exposures to leadership. Assist in preparing an overall view of risk for the division. Create and maintain risk exposure metrics for the division.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to risk management plan.
What It Takes
- 4+ years of experience working in risk or compliance.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Banking/Financial Services industry experience strongly preferred.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.