Technical Accounting & Reporting Manager
- US LBM Holdings
- Iselin, NJ 08830
US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 10,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 60 companies and have expanded to more than 400 locations serving 37 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment. More than 3,500 associates have completed courses in our US1 “Lean” and “Six Sigma” programs to date, including over 100 “Six Sigma” certified “green belts” and “black belts”. We believe the investment we make in developing talent is critical to supporting our growth strategy and fostering an entrepreneurial culture, resulting in many of our existing managers being promoted from within our organization.
This exciting opportunity may be based out of the Company’s Corporate Controller’s Offices located in the Metropark (Iselin/Woodbridge), NJ area, or may be remote.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization, and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as a Technical Accounting & Reporting Manager:
- Participate in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for both internal management reporting and reporting under GAAP.
- Participate in accounting for and documentation of complex areas including but not limited to business combinations, derivatives and hedging, reporting units, share-based payments, equity transactions and complex real estate and leasing transactions.
- Participate in quarterly assessments of controls, as well as in the quarterly certification process.
- Supporting External Audit and SOX Audit on both general financial reporting matters and material M&A transactions.
- Execution of the Finance M&A process/playbook for target companies with the existing M&A Accounting Manager, including driving process improvement projects to reduce time to finalize purchase accounting and time to integrate acquiree into US LBM.
- Assessment and alignment of accounting policies and practices of the target company with US LBM’s accounting policies and practices.
- Coordinate efforts to educate financial leadership of the acquired company about US LBM’s financial processes and requirements (e.g., month end close activities and timelines, account reconciliation procedures).
- Coordinate with technical accounting group and/or 3rd party valuation specialists to prepare or support valuations.
- Performing reconciliation of purchase price to funds flow.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday – Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We’ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Accounting degree required
- Public accounting experience preferred; CPA preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, and proficiency with researching and interpreting accounting literature required.
- SEC reporting experience required
- Strong work ethic required
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills (including writing skills)