Manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs, tools, and resources that support employee learning and development; oversee the non-officer performance review process and compensation; and support employee performance management efforts.
Learning and Development:
- Manage the selection and delivery of internal and external learning and development programs and serve as the point of contact for all executive coaches and training vendors.
- Strategize with senior leaders on the skills needed for the future and develop programs accordingly.
- Work closely with leaders and managers to identify and recommend targeted training programs for employees to grow their skills and meet organizational needs.
- Monitor usage and evaluate online training offerings (e.g., edX and Dayforce Learning) and make quarterly changes if needed.
- Oversee and manage the ChamberAccelerate Rising Leaders Program. Work closely with participants, training vendors, and executive mentors to ensure that the program runs smoothly.
- Select topics and schedule enrollment for the Talent Development Speaker Series to help build staff engagement.
- Work with vendors to customize the curriculum for small group trainings, such as Fine-Tuning Executive Presence, Accelerating Early Career Development, and Storytelling.
- Partner with leadership to help build out and facilitate department-level strategic planning retreats.
- Seek out new training sources and manage relationships with training vendors.
- Serve as the liaison between development coaches, employees, and managers.
- Conduct new employee follow-up and work to enhance the onboarding experience.
- Ensure that the strategy and processes continue to meet organizational needs and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Serve as a resource and coach to supervisors on evaluation language and feedback discussions.
- Work with managers to create and oversee performance improvement plans for employees.
- Coach employees through performance issues and career planning.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of related learning and development experience in a fast-paced, diverse business environment. Learning and Development or Organizational Development Certification a plus.
- Experience working with organizational leadership to create development strategies, partnering with training vendors to customize curriculums, and facilitating meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize assignments, pay attention to detail, and work with limited supervision.
- Strong organization, planning, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in making decisions, handle confidential information, and carry out organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work with outside vendors and negotiate contracts.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.