Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Come Join UScellular— Located right off the blue line in Chicago/ Rosemont, US Cellular, an “Essential Business” offers a dynamic workplace, competitive salaries including bonuses, a very casual atmosphere and lucrative benefits including a 401K AND pension. There’s a reason the Chicago Tribune has voted UScellular as a “Chicago Top Employer” 4 years in a row. Work life balance is paramount here and embracing diversity and inclusion is part of our DNA. Our core values, entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature empower our associates to do remarkable things. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 6,000 employees making a difference every day.
The Financial Analyst will assist in overall financial planning, reporting and strategic long range forecast process as well as assist in driving business performance improvements.
Responsibilities will focus within one of the following areas:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Revenue Planning & Analysis
- Business Strategy
- Financial Performance Program Management
SECTION TWO: JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist senior level analyst(s) with monthly and quarterly finance reporting (e.g. Monthly Controllers Report, Board Book, Revenue Dashboard), including 1) update financial results and 2) assist in developing financial insights and analyses.
- Support monthly forecast and annual budget processes by assisting Senior level analysts in identifying trends to key business drivers, updating forecasts and supporting related reporting.
- Participate in the Strategic Long Range Forecast process.
- Shadow senior financial analysts in key deliverable meetings / presentation.
- Participate in B2B special pricing analysis.
- Perform Ad-Hoc analysis of financial information to inform improvement actions.
- Complete other special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline.
Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret financial data.
Ability to compile, organize, interpret, and communicate financial data and results.
Ability to interpret, prepare, and present financial data and variance explanations to internal and external stakeholders.
MBA or Master’s degree.
Previous finance internship experience
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.