$125,000 – $140,000 a year
Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community
We are seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
Uplight is looking for an ambitious, highly talented, and experienced individual to provide senior go-to-market support for our Orchestrate product line. This person is responsible for developing the strategy and plans for communicating their products’ value to the market. This role, reporting to the Director of Product Marketing and working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, Industry Marketing, the Product Lines, and our customer-facing sales and customer success teams, will plan, design, and position some of Uplight’s commercial offerings across its expanding customer base, market channels and geographic footprint.
Sales Enablement and Subject Matter Expertise
- Serve as an expert outward and client-facing resource for Uplight’s Orchestrate product line, which connects utilities, customers and third-party devices to optimize cost, comfort, grid stability and carbon in best-in-class customer experience.
- Ensure PMM resources are consistently aligning sales and marketing teams on core use cases, personas, customer profiles, and competitive differentiation
- Develop training plans to ensure the sales team is can effectively sell the product
- Guide direction of resources towards the creation of sales and marketing materials
- Serve as an advisor to the Sales team in developing winning account strategies
- Main point of contact for the product line for proposal development. Review and advise supporting material for proposals that address specific needs
- Identify opportunities for, and support authoring of, bylined articles, blog posts and conference presentations
Market and Product Analysis
- Proactively identify, lead, and/or delegate resources to execute specific go‐to‐market strategy projects, which can include positioning, packaging, market intelligence, complete response, and other projects
- Research, define and develop go-to-market strategies
- Clearly articulate a product’s value in a way that resonates with the market
- Contribute to pricing, solution KPIs and company strategic projects
- Synthesize market information into insights that inform positioning, roadmap, and go-to-market strategy
- Ensure competitive research and analysis is being updated and leveraged effectively
- Translate win/loss analyses into recommendations for the product roadmap and go-to-market plans
- Develop product messaging and positioning
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to inform roadmap priority and market strategy based on research
What you bring to Uplight:
- 7+ years of experience in the energy utility industry, with a deep understanding of utility financials, business incentives, and regulation
- Experience with sales, business development, or similar
- Experience with research, strategy, and analysis
- Experience with complex enterprise software products preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Passion for storytelling and impact
- Team management experience preferred
- Experience developing go-to-market plans (e.g., value proposition, sales and marketing enablement, pricing, channel)
- Ability to adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, provide persistent follow-up, and prioritize competing deadlines
- Team player (ability to work toward a common goal across all departments and levels)
- Self-starter and self-accountable
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Commitment to core Uplight values
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 500+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to Peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovated flexible time off
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink (when our offices reopen)
Salary Range: $125,000 to $140,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.