Full Job Description
The Product Analyst plays a vital role in our annual benefit planning and bid submission process for Medicare Advantage plans. This is an entry level position designed for high-achieving recent college graduates looking to kick-start their careers at UnitedHealth Group. As such, Product Analysts are embedded at the center of the nation’s leading Medicare Advantage organization. By working cross-functionally throughout the year with other teams such as Underwriting, Actuarial, Finance, Marketing, Benefit Operations, and Membership Materials, analysts are exposed to multiple divisions where they must apply their critical knowledge. Product Analyst work drives many key business functions and is has high visibility among top executives. The Product Analyst role provides excellent growth opportunity within the Medicare & Retirement organization as the knowledge and skills obtained from the position are greatly sought-after.
- Support Medicare & Retirement Medicare Advantage product management to ensure the successful implementation of strategic and tactical business solutions
- Assist in evaluating and implementing product changes by providing data analysis and reporting (new, routine, and ad hoc reports and analyses)
- Collect, analyze, and present in-depth information on local and national Medicare Advantage competition
- Plan, organize, and manage work to continuously improve the benefit design and filing process
- Work with Product Management in providing product content for marketing, sales, member relations, communications, and training
- Ensure data integrity among various internal groups and/or between internal and external sources for assigned product segments
- Support short-term operational activities
- Assist in facilitating the delivery of cross-functional special projects or initiatives in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, strong project management skills, proficient computer and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail and accuracy orientation
- Ability to work successfully in a change environment
- Able to work with and communicate with all levels of the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university completed by the start of the position and no more than 24 months prior.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You’ll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It’s time to do your life’s best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Product Analyst, Early Careers , Minnetonka, MN