United Soccer League
Job Title: Operations Manager – USL W League
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is the largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization in North America, possessing more than a decade of experience in bringing the world’s game to communities across the United States and Canada. Overseeing the USL Championship, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League; the organization is built on a proven and recognized model in international football and counts more than 125 clubs in its membership.
Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL has grown during the past decade into a model organization with strong corporate partnerships and stable organizational leadership. It features a dedicated staff of more than 65 professionals across 15 departments ranging from operations, digital, communications and club services, each of which provides unparalleled support to member clubs and outside partners. Sanctioned by the U.S. Soccer Federation, the USL is #UnitedForSoccer, moving the game forward in North America.
The Operations Manager for USL W League will oversee and sustain league day-to-day operations and maintain strong relationships with USL W League member clubs. Additionally, this position will lead the execution of a successful W League season in partnership with W League team members. This position will work closely with USL W League leadership as well as work cross functionally with additional departments across all of USL HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the initial league scheduling and schedule change processes starting at the annual general meeting (USL Winter Summit).
- Manage major portions of the player registration process through the League’s registration portal.
- Coordinate referee assignments through the online US Soccer management portal, ensuring correct and timely assignments.
- Oversee caution/ejection discipline tracking throughout the season as well as participate in deliberation on suspension lengths.
- Ensure that league minimum standards are met and maintained and assist clubs in building a path to fulfilling league standards where needed.
- Lead the USL W League Work Experience Program, overseeing task dissemination and training for the seasonal intern participants.
- Assist in ensuring league deliverables are sent and received by clubs (Soccer Balls, Signage, Apparel, etc.).
- Assist with the coordination and collection of statistics for player talent identification.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in sport management, business administration or similar highly preferred.
- 2-4 years of league/club operations or sport management experience, preferably in the soccer industry.
- Previous experience with registration software (e.g., SportsEngine).
- Previous experience in customer service or client success strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform detail-oriented work in a timely manner a must.
- Adaptability and eagerness to learn.
- Desire to find creative solutions to variously shaped challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
We have great Perks – Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.