Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.
**This Full-Time intern position will be available Summer 2022**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Use relevant data to make fact-based decisions
- Database maintenance, reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses, initiating database improvement.
- Develop and maintain standards for database integrity and quality assurance, coordinates corrective activities to clean database, and participates in communication processes with other departments
- Conduct audits and provides feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance
- Maintains current provider data to ensure the quality of the network.
- Assisting team leads with various research projects pertaining to multiple content areas or business needs
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Provide explanation and information to others on process improvement initiatives
- Collect relevant information by pulling and analyzing data from multiple systems
- Other projects as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel Skills
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, business or another related field
- Experience in R, Python, SAS, SPSS, SQL, Tableau, Salesforce or other related programming languages
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA