Sr IT Analyst Master Data
- Bolingbrook, Illinois
- Information Technology
- Full Time
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Sr IT Analyst for Master Data Management & Master Data Governance in SAP Merchandising Team will have functional and technical responsibility for implementation, projects, testing, and support of Master Data Management tool at ULTA. The Master Data applications will include but not limited to Vendor Master, Site Master, and Pricing Master for Retail. The Sr IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, cross functional teams on project and help Support organization, as needed. They will lead Merchandising IT members to formulate and participate in new scope & requirements, blueprinting, testing, build and deploy activities to meet the business needs in Master Data Management, Master Data Governance areas.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requirements definition and management: Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify, and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions in new or changed processes
- Programming/Software Development: – Contributes to the designs, development, testing, and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
- Release Deployment – Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
- Relationship Management: Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships
- Application Support: Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports
- Change Management: Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents, and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management: Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes, and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Business Process Improvement: Analyzes business processes by evaluating alternative solutions, assessing feasibility, and recommending new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components. Develops business requirements for the implementation of significant changes in organizational mission, business functions and process, organizational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery
- Would help develop, implement, maintain, and help enforce enterprise data management policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional areas during entire life-cycle of the project
- Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues by working with the Support Organization in MDM/Master Data area
- Explore and recommend solutions to issues & business requirements
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in MDM/Master Data area
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Merchandising initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, configuration document, FUT, process flows, etc
- Mentors less experienced colleagues as required
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will possess 3+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling, data standards, best practices, entity relationship diagrams, and development)
- Experience with data management toolsets: SAP MDG, Informatica 360, Stibo MDM, Reltio, Informatica Axon, Informatica Data Quality, etc is preferable
- Experience with SAP Business Partner and retail-specific functions like DRF (Data Replication Framework) preferred
- Experience in designing and architecting integrations between MDM and other systems using standard connectors, pub-sub, and other mechanisms
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Networking/interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals, both internally and externally
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.