About The Role
The Safety and Insurance Team works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them. In this role you will support the procurement of insurance and monitoring of loss trends that drive business decisions!
What You’ll Do
- Deploy traditional actuarial skills and training in new and innovative ways to provide timely, accurate, and actionable actuarial estimates that optimize Uber’s insurance program.
- Build, maintain, and improve processes including data creation and validation, actuarial analysis, internal and external communication, and financial impacts and forecasts
- Be part of a talented cross functional team of risk managers, legal, finance partners!
- Candidate with 4+ CAS Exams and a minimum of 3 years of P&C actuarial experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- 4+ years of P&C actuarial experience
- Large account or reinsurance pricing/reserving
- Excellent Excel skills, proficient with SQL or other database programming languages
- Great communication and organization skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift and practical execution
- Experience with R and/or Python
- Experience with commercial or personal auto
- ACAS or FCAS designation