About the Team
At Uber, People Analytics moves our teams with data to make the workforce decisions that build our company. We drive business results by improving wellbeing, engagement and efficiency through data & analytics. And we do this by delivering actionable insights across all aspects of the talent lifecycle – recruiting, selection, onboarding, development, rewards and retention – to drive positive people and business outcomes.Our people are what drives Uber’s success, and data helps move our people forward.
About the Role
Uber’s People Analytics group is looking for an expert Senior Decision Science Analyst. Decision Science is where People Analytics meets the business, and is our function responsible for providing data-driven insights and recommendations to enable more informed decisions. You will be part of a team that works directly with functional and business leaders to diagnose their business problem, identify measurement strategies, and transcend the descriptive “what happened” to provide prescriptive recommendations that focus on “so what” and “now what”.
This is an exciting opportunity to build, innovate, and make a profound impact at a company that moves fast and is never standing still. Reporting to the Head of People Decision Science, the Senior Decision Science Analyst will be a critical member of the high-performing and sought-after team that drives people analytics at Uber.
What You’ll Do
Partner with leaders to understand the business problem, gather information, synthesize data, apply mathematical and statistical methods to test hypotheses, and overlay business context to understand why something happened (descriptive analytics) and provide recommendations on what to do about it (prescriptive analytics).
Partner with our People Product teams to develop prototypes and productize people analytics tools by sharing the requirements that the business needs to succeed.
Partner with our People Science team to encourage new research and analytical opportunities that provide actionable insights across the enterprise.
Be a leader. Develop and mentor your colleagues to grow each day, and be a role model for the entire People team.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in building data-driven people recommendations rooted in strong problem identification and measurement
- Strong understanding of approaches to measurement and statistical analysis
- Experience working in fast-paced, agile, ambiguous multi-geographic environments
- Consulting – Defines the problem, understands desired outcome, sets clear expectations, recommends a solution, and follows-through
- Measurement Expertise – Guides the business on establishing OKRs, KPIs, KRIs
- Analysis – Conducts exploratory data analysis and applied statistical methods
- Business Acumen — Understands business drivers in order to apply context to the data
- Technology – Understands many technology applications and coding languages, adopts new technologies that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to solve business problems
- Storytelling with Data – Communicates relevant points of the analysis clearly & concisely to non-technical audiences, distilling key points and simplifying to drive understanding and action
- Influence – Garners support for recommendations and influences business strategy
- Documentation – thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.