At Uber, we’re committed to building a sustainable platform that contributes positively to the environment and the communities in which we operate. As a product marketing manager, you’ll help be the voice that champions sustainability in everything we do as a company and play a leadership role in building and bringing sustainability products to market globally that contribute to our commitment to be a zero-emissions platform by 2040.
In this role, you’ll work hand-in-hand with cross-functional team members across Product Management, Marketing, Product Design, Data Science, Engineering, Research, Operations, and Comms to meet shared objectives and key results. You’ll build, develop, and scale comprehensive marketing strategies that scale globally and be empowered to champion, build, and lead critical initiatives that are core to specific local opportunities and needs.
- Own audience insights – Synthesize consumer insights and industry perspectives on key aspects of sustainability; identify and prioritize sustainability needs of specific audience segments for marketing campaigns that drive awareness of our sustainability commitment and products that contribute positively to a clean environment.
- Help to shape the product team’s roadmap, developing the global narrative for Uber’s commitment to sustainability, as well as the positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategies for new products geared towards drivers and riders across the globe.
- Measure for impact – Working with product and marketing channels, test, iterate and measure impact campaigns have on awareness and adjust accordingly to optimize for results and critical metrics.
- Evangelize new ideas – Work with Product, PR, Policy and Ops teams to champion sustainability marketing initiatives and partnerships. Lead effective conversations with cross-functional alignment to build support.
- Make a difference – Develop empathetic, inspiring and innovative marketing that strives for ambitious social impact and collaborate with Social Impact to improve benefits to our customers.
- 8+ years experience in consumer product marketing, ideally with experience in sustainability, trust, or social impact marketing.
- Passion for sustainability: You are knowledgeable on sustainability and are passionate about building a future that benefits humankind and our planet.
- Top-notch at market research and storytelling: You’re a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers, and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your growth strategies.
- Master storyteller: You can craft a compelling narrative across different channels – you know how to match the message to the medium.
- A “builder” personality: You’re biased toward action, an excellent collaborator across functions, internally and externally, and a master simplifier. You never hesitate to dive right in and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- A Messaging Maestro: Incredible at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can make the most sophisticated products incredibly simple for consumers to understand. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy. You shine at copywriting.
- Excellent project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Team oriented, optimistic demeanor. We work hard, and have a blast doing it!
- Influential with great communication skills
- Experience in planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- MBA or Master’s degree
- International experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.