Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. The Twitter @Policy team focuses on public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services around the world. These issues range from freedom of expression, online safety, intellectual property, copyright, privacy, and Internet freedom. The @Policy team also works to showcase the role of Twitter in government and civil society through our @TwitterGov work. Our @TwitterforGood efforts involve working directly with NGOs active in the areas of digital inclusion, online safety and security, the open internet, equality and emergency preparedness.
Public Policy Fellowship is a paid program designed for recent graduates or young professionals in their first few years of work, who want to learn more, and help with, Twitter’s approach to public policy challenges.
What you will do:
As a Public Policy Fellow, you will help identify and support policies and opportunities to ensure that key government, political and media representatives to understand and effectively use Twitter.
#TwitterForGood: You’ll work with NGOs on increasing Twitter’s engagement, helping to coordinate our global #TwitterForGood days of service, and other corporate social responsibility initiatives such as our pro bono #AdsForGood program.
#Impact: Twitter is a platform that gives every user a voice and has acted as a catalyst for social change around the world. As a fellow, you’ll have a direct impact on a platform that millions of people use every day.
- We are looking for fellows who may be in, or have recently completed law school or graduate school in the areas of public policy, foreign policy, communications, or related fields. Exceptional college-level fellows will also be considered.
- You must have been affiliated with a university within the last 2 years.
- Able to work full-time.
- Strong reading and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized discipline and self-driven with guidance. Attention to detail, professionalism, and completion of tasks is key.
- You will need a keen interest in Twitter and ideally, proficiency on the platform.
- Reasonable fluency in technology and a passion for the power of communications to change the world for the better.
- Knowledge of politics, public policy formulation, high tech issues, as well as an understanding of government processes are key.
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.