Trinity Consultants, a market leader in environmental consulting, seeks a savvy and technically strong environmental professional to join Trinity’s growing team of consultants in New Jersey. This role will provide leadership in the areas of technical knowledge, client service, business development, and staff development.
The candidate must have a strong understanding of environmental regulations affecting complex industrial facilities and have an extensive skill set and demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: Clean Air Act (CAA) regulations, Clean Water Act (CWA), Regulations, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requirements and/or Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) requirements. This role has the opportunity to grow Trinity’s business across environmental media while supporting and growing the New Jersey office’s strong air-focused client base. CAA experience is required, and expertise is preferred.
Critical to the success of this role is a passion for helping client companies meet their compliance obligations while maintaining operational flexibility and a keen focus on quality of work products. Applicants must be experienced in developing, nurturing, and leveraging key relationships to build business, and in training and mentoring staff. A, commitment to excellence, and drive for success are paramount. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic; be a self-starter, strategic thinker and an effective collaborator. Experience interfacing and negotiating with NJDEP on behalf of clients is required. Preferred candidates should have five (5) years or more of environmental consulting (or industry) experience, with a focus on air quality permitting/ compliance/ regulatory analysis.
- Leading project teams to provide timely, exceptional quality project deliverables related to environmental permitting and compliance
- Effective project management to ensure efficient task performance and timely delivery of work products
- Providing technical leadership on complex regulatory issues
- Ensuring all work products meet quality standards as prescribed under the company’s ISO 9001 quality program and client expectations
- Employing strategic approaches for identifying target clients and winning projects
- Leveraging and developing relationships to build long-term business partnerships in key industry sectors including energy, chemical manufacturing and petroleum storage terminals
- Maintaining effective relationships with regulatory personnel in multiple jurisdictions
- Participating in key stakeholder forums and industry groups
- Collaborating with other client service managers to effectively serve national clients
- Developing junior staff regarding regulatory knowledge, analytical techniques, client communication, business development, and leadership skills
- Contributing to corporate direction and strategy though effective communication and feedback with local, regional and senior management
- Opportunities to showcase your personal brand and firm expertise through our professional education programs
- Delivery of high-quality technical work products to Trinity clients. The desired professional must have experience in preparing emission calculations, regulatory analysis documents, and permit applications. While multi-media environmental consulting experience is a plus, the desired candidate must have extensive air quality permitting and compliance experience.