Full Job Description
The Senior Financial Analyst position provides support to the Director of Business Analytics and leads initiatives to ensure data integrity, accuracy, and sound use of business systems. In addition, this position assists the Sr. VP/Controller and Assistant Controller with financial analysis functions and provides reliable information necessary to control Commercial Sealants and Waterproofing (CS&W) operations; provides information and analysis/insight to CS&W leadership and departments as requested; represents CS&W finance department on projects within the division including international finance and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain annual updates of sales analysis templates using data from SAP and other data sources.
- Download data from multiple systems into Excel to conduct analysis based on business goals.
- Support in collecting and analyzing data that supports business decisions and may affect changes in policies as it relates to pricing.
- Support the data analysis of pricing strategy and tactics.
- Act as expert analyst for price segmentation software.
- Develop logical data and business models to convey impact of data driven decisions.
- Analyze business objectives and develop solutions.
- Assist in project pricing/costing as an advisor.
- Assist with PPOG projects as needed in supporting and/or leadership capacities.
- Work directly with plant management on annual L&O budgets including spending assumptions, data validation, variance analysis, and exhibits (joint effort with Cost Analyst between US and CAN locations)
- Act as a liaison between CS&W departments regarding reporting requirements; create and improve various management reports and variance analyses as business needs arises; recommend techniques to improve efficiency, cost containment, and productivity; conduct training sessions for other departments as necessary.
- Provide data, input, and financial direction on various special projects including but not limited to customer profitability, price increases, compensation changes, and budgetary decisions.
- Assist with internal rate of return calculations for capital requests; understand and communicate the impact of capital expenditures to manufacturing and finance.
- Assist with annual planning & budgeting for the CS&W Division.
- Serve as primary backup to the CS&W Cost Analyst.
- Perform daily cost runs and validate accuracy of costs
- Review financial accounting information on a regular basis, certify correctness and completeness, and propose changes as necessary.
- Identify and prepare monthly accruals and journal entries to properly account for changes to division cost centers.
- Report on inventory accuracy; review plants cycle account and physical inventory adjustments.
- Track and review manufacturing spending; propose reclassification entries or accruals as necessary.
- Review purchasing price variance accounts and work with plants/purchasing to correct any errors.
- Ensure confidentiality and integrity of financial data in compliance with GAAP, Tremco policies, and SOX; ensure required documentation exists and is maintained in accordance with SOX.
- Assist with month-end close activities, journal entry preparation & account analysis exercises.
- Analyze accounts & business processes and recommend efficiency improvements and identify cost savings opportunities.
- Serve in a supporting role for internal and external auditor as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics, Pricing or related field.
- Minimum four years of Financial Accounting, Analytics, Planning/Budgeting and knowledge of GAAP.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MBA, CPA, or comparable experience a plus
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Motivated, assertive, with excellent follow-up skills
- High degree of flexibility and organization and the ability to effectively handle multiple concurrent projects, a fluctuating workload, and rapid changes in priorities.
- High-level analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to organize data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Detail, process, and procedure oriented.
- Ability to recognize errors and/or inconsistencies and take action
- Ability to recognize and interpret trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak with all levels of the organization.
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis, month-end close, financial reporting, etc.
- Strong PC aptitude with excellent Excel skills required
- Familiarity with accounting/financial reporting software (Hyperion Planning/Essbase, HFM, and SAP experience preferred).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.