TX San Antonio
TX San Antonio
Job Posting Title:
The Manager, Food Safety and Quality is responsible for leading all FS&Q activities at the manufacturing site level including Sanitation. They have direct responsibility for ensuring compliance with all Regulatory and Company FS&Q Policies and Procedures as well as the facilities GFSI certification. The position also includes the responsibility for the direct and indirect supervision of all plant level FS&Q and Sanitation team members.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review, verification, validation, and management of the facilities FS&Q System.
- Directly responsible for the facility’s Food Safety Plan, Food Defense Plan, Food Quality Plan and related prerequisite programs including, but not limited to: formula control, mock trace and recall, consumer complaint management, GMPs, allergen control, environmental pathogen control, construction controls, calibration, document control, identity preserved, SPC, corrective and preventative actions, and verification and validation programs.
- Provides oversite of Sanitation resources/department including, not limited to: SSOPs, Master Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation Effectiveness, Sanitation Verification activities and Pest Control.
- Serves as the sites lead Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) and GFSI Practitioner.
- Operates as the facility’s FS&Q lead on Regulatory and certification inspections, Customer audits and visits, and Third-Party audits.
- Drive and support continuous improvement initiatives through the use of TMOS in collaboration with Operations, Corporate FS&Q and other support functions.
- Manage consumer complaints, establish trending, implement corrective actions and provide professionally acceptable written resolution, on a timely basis, to all investigation requests.
- Establish facility’s operating and capital budgets for FS&Q. Responsible for identifying projects that impact FS&Q and are part of the facility’s capital plan.
- Provides direction and guidance to facility personnel during an FS&Q event, assuring product is appropriately protected and root cause, corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented.
- Manage and support R&D plant testing and/or projects that qualify new ingredients, suppliers, formulas or processes.
- Monitor and provide monthly reporting on FS&Q KPIs and metric, while leading efforts to drive continuous improvement.
- Maintains the implementation and utilization of a SPC system, such as Infinity QS, which allows for real time process control and data driven decision making by operators.
- Maintains Quality Module and Inspection Characteristics in SAP system, assuring new workflows are executed timely and accurately.
- Works with facility leadership and Corporate FS&Q to execute the plants required FS&Q employee training program.
- Develop team member skill sets by conducting evaluations and recommending development opportunities by continuing education, seminars, trade shows and other methods.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs.
- In the absence of the QA Manager, QA Supervisor, Quality System Technologist or Director, Food Safety/Quality Assurance will serve as backup.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong ability to manage cross-functionally and drive support for Food Safety & Quality initiatives with all leaders in the facility.
- Balanced technical skill set with demonstrated track record of accomplishments in Food Safety and Quality.
- Ability to lead through the influence of others to drive commitment to process compliance and continuous improvement.
- Must be a strong advocate of compliance, an experienced trainer, and an accomplished manager of technical resources with a proven record in building and motivating successful FS&Q efforts.
- Required in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and their interpretation such as Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, Risked-based Preventative Controls, Stability Guidelines, Sanitation practices and Sanitary Design as it relates to food manufacturing.
- Must possess sound reasoning ability, analytical, and creative skills to investigate problems in order to recommend and implement solutions.
- Efficient computer skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint are required. Familiarity with wed-based programs is preferred including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Power Point and Access) along with SAP, Infinity-QS and Tracegains.
- Bachelor’s degree required
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1