Full Job Description
What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Our Summer Internship Program will allow you to use & develop the skills you’ve learned in school while participating in engaging events such as: career development workshops, networking events, and guest speakers throughout this paid 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2022, depending on academic calendar.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
What You’ll Bring:
- Currently enrolled in Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or an equivalent discipline.
- Advanced proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R or Python; additional experience writing intermediate SQL queries for data extraction preferred
- Advanced experience with the MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior
- Ability to prioritize and contribute to multiple assignments simultaneously
- Curiosity as to why consumers act the way they do with their credit
We’d love to see:
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. Spark SQL)
- Interest in the areas of banking, consumer lending and finance is paramount
Impact You’ll Make:
As an Intern on our team, you will join a world-class group of statisticians, data scientists, modelers and industry experts on a mission to extract insights from information and put them to good use. You will have an opportunity to be a part of a variety of analytical projects in a non-siloed environment and be recognized for the work you deliver. TransUnion offers a culture of lifelong learning and as an Intern here, your growth potential is limitless.
Want more details? The Intern role within the Research and Consulting team is responsible for delivering market-level business intelligence both to TransUnion’s senior management and to Financial Services customers. To be successful in this position, you must have good organizational skills, a strategic mindset and a flexible predisposition. You will also be expected to become more independent over time and able to lead and present projects with minimal supervision
- Develop a strong understanding of consumer credit data and how it applies to industry trends and research
- Translate complex analytical findings into insightful business presentations
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with changing requirements and deadlines
- Contribute to projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and machine learning)
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as R, SQL(HIVE), and Python)
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion’s Internal Job Title:
Intern, Research & Consulting