HVAC Controls Project Manager
At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King®– create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane Technologies is hiring an HVAC Controls Project Manager in Omaha. As a Controls Project Manager, you will be responsible for project financials, administration, implementation, management, and customer satisfaction for all assigned projects. The Controls PM leads the project team through all facets of the project and is the established point of contact for stakeholders. You will manage a portfolio of projects that could contain both smaller and larger multi- building or complex controls projects. The Controls Project Manager is knowledgeable on current job market and pricing strategies.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and developing internal and external communication plans with stakeholders to communicate project status
- Review contract documents to identify risk and develop mitigation plans
- Financially manages all aspects of projects including cash flow, monthly forecasted cost / revenue, forecasted cost at completion, monitoring expenses, collections support, analyzes reporting to identify project deficiencies and provides guidance on corrective action, prepares and facilitates monthly backlog review, and reconciles applied cost.
- Utilizes properly qualified subcontractors, oversees subcontractor RFQ process, awards subcontracts and manages subcontractor execution
- Collaborate with technicians and subcontractors to establish project task, schedule requirements, communications for project progress, and review of plans / specifications and control submittals.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders that may require assistance from sales team and estimating
- Leads all aspects of project administration including, knowledge and risk mitigation of construction contract content language, validating project scope / cost / schedule, managing project compliance, project documentation, project safety guidelines, development and maintenance on project schedules.
- Other duties as assigned
- Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Project Management Degree a plus
- Combination of degree or minimum 3 years’ experience in HVAC / BAS Controls and Project Management
- Experience in leading teams comprised of different technical skill levels
- Efficient at resource / manpower planning
- Must have familiarity executing as a third-tier contractor and experience working with building owners is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 3 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.