Controls Project Manager
At Trane Technologies™ and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Trane New York, at our Long Island City location, is hiring for a Controls Project Manager to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the administration, implementation and management of control projects.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to review controls project scope and drawings against plans and specifications.
- Responsible for overall financial performance of project
- Plan and analyze assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters, and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Create and make revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Receive and qualify subcontractor proposals; supervise work of project assigned staff, subcontractors, and installers.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Perform jobsite visits and review on a regular basis
- Performs job site safety audit on a regular basis
- Travel to customer job sites is required, which may include outdoor work and/or work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the site visits, the employee may be exposed to variable weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; heights, and other variable environmental conditions based on location.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in project management, controls, HVAC or related preferred.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in contracting processes associated with the installation of building automation systems and managing subcontractors preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations included, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 3 years; Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.