Sr. IT Project Manager/Program Manager
Job ID: 173922BR
What Will You Be A Part Of?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Sr. IT Project Manager for our Analytical Instruments Group (AIG). The Project Manager should have experience managing data and analytics projects. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of assigned projects and programs from project initiation through delivery using SAFe, Agile, and waterfall processes. The primary responsibility is to drive and lead finance projects with diverse internal teams focusing on the AIG Finance business units to meet project objectives and metrics. Based on thorough analyses, you will facilitate the evaluation and prioritization of projects and enable the AIG leadership team to make strategic decisions. You’ll prepare the executive-level presentations for internal as well as external meetings.
This role works closely with AIG Finance PMO Leaders, Project Managers and Project Sponsors, and all other business partners to continually improve project execution using agile methodologies. This role will be responsible for identifying and developing solutions and processes to increase project efficiencies, effectiveness and continuous improvements.
What Will You Do?
- Lead / support the finance project portfolio execution using tools including but not limited to: Plan View, Excel, and other standard apps to ensure (Agile or Waterfall) Project Management framework is employed.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant partners and ensure resource availability and allocation
- Ensure that all projects are delivered timely, within scope and within budget by use of a detailed project plan to track progress and action logs. Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Inform executive leadership on program status, raising to management as needed!
- Organize and lead project meetings and compile project status report to partners and project team to get results to schedule and develop resolutions to mitigation risks/issues.
- Support Business and Group level business and finance partners to define optimal use cases that meet business strategic and technological needs
- Use appropriate verification techniques to handle changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
How Will You Get Here?
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science/Technical subject area along with significant Project Management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or CSM/CSPO is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in IT project management with solid track record in successfully leading projects from start to finish using Agile or waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and scrum teams that interface effectively with team members and across multiple departments & regions/countries
- Solid understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Good understanding of resource management and capacity planning – previous experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong familiarity with project management standards and methodologies including PMI Body of Knowledge, Waterfall and Agile
- Well organized with the ability to work within time and budget constraints and deliver work to the highest standard
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational influence skills
- Working understanding of MS Office suite, project management tools, PlanView, Jira, Power BI, Sharpcloud
- Good understanding of financial concepts and accounting terms
- Aptitude for prioritizing, handling and ability to lead and motivate change management
- Continuous passion for process and delivery improvements
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.