Sr. BI Business Analyst
Job ID: 173923BR
What Will You Be A Part Of?
As part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) IT Analytics Team, Sr. Business Analyst – IT will work on requirements gathering, conduct stakeholder workshops and drive data validation process within a project to create Analytical Instruments Group Datamart in AWS Data lake within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Sr. BI analyst will be interacting in a fast-paced and highly visible business environment, finding opportunities to increase revenue, sales, optimize manufacturing performance and effectiveness based on data analysis.
What Will You Do?
- The Senior BI Analyst gathers requirements from the business, articulate on what the business needs, translate that into comprehensive functional/technical design, and coordinates with ETO Shared Services Team to deliver the solution.
- Support Finance teams within the divisions to capture requirements for business relevant metrics in AIG Data mart.
- Validate the data in the central database (Oracle and AWS data lake) by identifying any gaps with original source data and investigating the root cause.
- Work with divisional teams to understand the processes used to generate reports currently, supporting IT to automate these processes.
- Partner closely with technical and business teams to complete requirements gathering, testing and successful delivery.
How Will You Get Here?
- Consistent track record as a finance analyst or business analyst role. Experience in Finance preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Experience working with large sets of data and able to complete data validations in a short period of time.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms, PowerBI preferred. Ability to craft reports and mine data as needed.
- Develop in-depth understanding of data environment and demonstrate knowledge to build robust scalable solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, tools, and team-based development like Jira, Atlassian suite
- Solid grasp of relational SQL databases.
- Experience with Finance reporting and CRM tools for example Salesforce.com ERP tools such as SAP preferable.
- Good communication and project management skills, along with a track record of building alignment and partnerships across an organization.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.