At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000+ outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals!
Reports to: Sr. Manager, FP&A
This dynamic Manager, FP&A will support the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD). They will report to the Sr. Manager, GSD FP&A, working together to provide Business Unit (BU) & Functional support across the division. This is a high visibility role within the company, allowing you tremendous opportunity for learning and long term career growth. Through the monthly and quarterly reporting mechanisms as well as the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), the team works to understand the financial and strategic position of the division while effectively communicating this story to senior leadership. We are a fast paced, robust team looking for an addition that will help us continue to drive the Finance function forward.
- Own, analyze and communicate full division P&L and MCF metrics
- Prepare monthly & quarterly business reviews with opportunity to pitch to VP of Finance
- Assist in the AOP as well as play a key role in the preparation of the long term strategy (STRAP)
- Act as a trusted partner to the GSD BUs and global functions on collaborative projects and tasks
- Continuous focus on improvements (PPI) in our internal processes
- Identify, monitor, and articulate key operating metrics, mitigate business risks, and aggressively pursue opportunities to deliver on growth and earnings expectations in the AOP
- Partner with Group FP&A and Systems teams to drive reporting integrity, accuracy, and process efficiency
- Safeguard company property and assets embedding financial internal controls, compensatory controls and/or risk mitigation plans into the areas of responsibility
- Champion other ad-hoc projects and initiatives, as assigned or as self-identified areas for improvement.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA, CMA, or CPA preferred but not required)
- 3+ years of direct FP&A experience
- Experience with HFM, Hyperion Planning, Smartview, Tableau, PowerBI or similar systems
- Detail and results oriented to ensure integrity of reporting results
- Self-reliant, problem solver with a natural bias towards continuous operational improvement
- Outstanding excel and data analytics skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with senior management
- Demonstrated experience in a large, multinational, heavily matrixed organization
- Embraces challenges in a continuously evolving environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific