Full Job Description
The Financial Systems Manager will represent the interests of Controllership and Finance as a core production team member to ensure proper accounting processes and controls are fully captured in project requirements, tested, and delivered. This role will support the S4/HANA BRIM application for Disney Financial Systems. This is a dynamic area as BRIM has only been live since June 2020. Our work efforts are constantly changing for modifications in the Disney Streaming Service and for Disney products needing the amortization revenue function, which this application offers.
This role will partner with internal clients and Technology to maintain and execute system requirements, manage enhancement/production issues and risks and ensure correct Accounting processes and controls are delivered.
- Lead Senior Financial Analysts in the development, execution, and coordination of test validation with Finance and controllership subject matter experts; and identification, documentation, communication of system defects
- Organize meetings to ensure cross team cooperation in delivering financial requirements
- Ensure SOX controls and reconciliations are performed timely with the necessary supporting documentation
- Ensure Finance functionality and core Finance requirements are satisfied
- Lead finance and controllership system and report testing, drive defects to resolution, and ensure finance end user sign-off for release go-live
- Provide transparent, timely communication/escalation of critical issues and blockers, pertinent project details, including risk assessment, impact assessment, changes in scope, or changes in timing to Financial Systems project team
- Support change management efforts through documentation and training
- Create and deliver project status updates for Finance Executives
This role is in the Financial Systems Enterprise organization and will require accounting background to ensure financial integrity and controls are delivered. The incumbent will partner closely with Finance areas to achieve best practice solutions and efficiencies and will work with business partners in Technology to jointly deliver the solution.
The ideal candidate should have experience with process improvement and system testing, an ability to learn new systems, and have project experience at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit level.
This position will need to coordinate activities with other managers on the DFS BRIM Production effort.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills in finance and/or retail systems and processes.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years leading change management efforts at the Enterprise, Segment and Business Unit levels of the organization
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Passion for and knowledge of emerging technologies to deliver best practice ensuring financial systems integrity and controls
- Expert knowledge/experience in Financial Systems and area for business and technical audiences
- Experience supporting change for projects that encompass front of house and back of house finance/accounting and integration to SAP ensuring financial integrity
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborate, establish relationships and build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills to manage workload from logistics to strategic efforts, while adhering to deadlines and high quality
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients
- Ability to develop a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a presentation/”deck”
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Experience in using Business Warehouse, and/or Business Objects reporting tools
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Technology, or a related field (e.g., MBA, MIS)